If you’ve ever ordered glasses online, you know that the process can be a bit of a risk. You’re trusting that the website will get your prescription right, and that the glasses will actually look good on you when they arrive. But what happens if you make a mistake and order the wrong pair of glasses? Can you cancel your order, or are you stuck with them?
The Basics of Cancelling a Glasses Order
If you’ve ordered a pair of glasses online and they’re not quite what you wanted, you may be able to cancel your order. However, it’s important to note that most glasses retailers have strict policies when it comes to cancellations, and you may not be able to get a refund if you’ve already received your glasses. In general, the sooner you cancel your order, the more likely it is that you’ll be able to get a refund.
If you need to cancel your order, the first step is to contact the customer service department of the retailer you ordered from. You should have their contact information somewhere on your confirmation email or on the website. customer service representatives will be able to tell you if it’s possible to cancel your order and, if so, how to go about doing it.
In some cases, you may be able to cancel your order online. For example, Warby Parker allows customers to cancel their orders within 24 hours of placing them. To do this, log in to your account on the Warby Parker website and select “Order History” from the “Account” drop-down menu. From there, find the order you want to cancel and click “Cancel Order.” However, if more than 24 hours have passed since you placed your order, you’ll need to call customer service in order to cancel it.
It’s also important to note that some retailers charge cancellation fees, even if you cancel your order before it ships. For example, GlassesUSA charges a $25 fee for cancelling an order after it’s been placed but before it ships. So, even if you’re within the retailer’s cancellation window, it’s still important to read through their policies before placing an order so that you’re not caught off-guard by any fees.
When to Cancel Your Glasses Order
It is possible to cancel your glasses order within 24 hours of placing it. However, after 24 hours, we are unable to cancel or refund your order. This is because our vendors begin working on your glasses as soon as the order is placed.
If you need to cancel your order, please contact us immediately. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to cancel it.
How to Cancel Your Glasses Order
It’s easy to cancel your order for glasses, and we’re here to help make sure that your return goes smoothly. Just give us a call at 1-800-4EYEGLASSES and we’ll take care of everything for you.
We know that sometimes things happen and you need to change or cancel your order. We want you to be happy with your purchase, so we offer a hassle-free return policy: if you’re not satisfied with your glasses, simply return them within 30 days of receiving them, and we’ll refund the full purchase price. No questions asked.
The Consequences of Cancelling a Glasses Order
Cancelling a glasses order can have repercussion beyond just the monetary. There are often form and function considerations that come into play when cancelling an order for glasses.
First and foremost, cancelling an order for glasses will almost certainly result in a restocking fee. The fee can range from as little as $25 to as high as 50% of the total order cost. The amount of the fee is generally based on the amount of time that has passed since the order was placed.
Additionally, many companies require that all cancellations be made in writing. This means that you will need to send a physical letter or an email to the company requesting that your order be cancelled. Be sure to include your order number in any correspondence so that there is no confusion about which order you are cancelling.
It is also important to be aware that some companies do not accept cancellations at all. In these cases, you may be stuck with the glasses even if you are not satisfied with them. Always check the company’s cancellation policy before placing an order to avoid any potential problems later on.
Tips for Avoiding the Need to Cancel Your Glasses Order
Whether you’re buying glasses for the first time or replacing your current pair, there are a few things you can do to avoid the need to cancel your glasses order.
Here are a few tips:
- Get an up-to-date prescription. One of the most common reasons for having to cancel a glasses order is because the prescription is out of date. Make sure to get an updated prescription from your eye doctor before placing your order.
- Know your pupillary distance (PD). Your PD is the distance between your pupils, and it’s important to have this measurement when ordering glasses. This is because the lenses need to be positioned in front of your pupils in order for you to see clearly. Many people don’t know their PD, so be sure to ask your eye doctor or include it in your prescription when ordering online.
- Choose the right frame size. Another common reason for having to cancel a glasses order is because the frame size isn’t correct. To find the right frame size for you, use a ruler or measuring tape to measure the distance between the temples of your current glasses (or sunglasses). Compare this measurement with the temple size listed on website descriptions or with a sales associate when shopping in store.
You can also use our frame size guide which provides general guidelines based on frame measurements and common face shapes.
- Be aware of shipping times and return policies. When ordering glasses online, keep in mind that most orders take 7-10 business days to arrive (shipping times may vary depending on the retailer). If you need your glasses sooner, look for retailers that offer rush shipping options. Also, be familiar with the return policy in case you need to make any changes or exchanges after receiving your order. Most retailers allow you to return or exchange within a certain time period, but return policies vary so be sure to check before placing your order
How to Avoid Cancelling Your Glasses Order
Ordering glasses can be a tricky process. If you don’t get the right prescription, the frames might not fit properly, and you could end up with a headache. Here are a few tips to help you avoid cancelling your glasses order:
- Get your eyes checked regularly. This will help ensure that your prescription is up-to-date and that you’re ordering the correct type of glasses.
- When choosing frames, make sure to try them on to see how they look and feel. If possible, bring a friend or family member with you to give their opinion.
- Take your time when ordering glasses online. Read the product descriptions carefully and double-check your prescription before submit
The Bottom Line on Cancelling a Glasses Order
It’s generally not possible to cancel a glasses order once it has been placed. That’s because most glasses orders are custom made, and the moment you place your order, work begins on crafting your unique pair of glasses.
There are a few circumstances where you might be able to cancel your glasses order, but it would need to be done quickly – within a day or two of placing the order – and would likely involve paying a cancellation fee.
If you’re uncertain about whether you want to go ahead with an order, it’s best to wait until you’re sure before placing the order. That way, you can avoid any potential cancellation fees.