minion glasses are all the rage these days. But how do you make them? It’s actually quite simple. All you need is a few basic supplies and some creative flair. Here’s how to make your very own minion glasses.
This tutorial will show you how to make a pair of prescription glasses look like the popular minions from the Despicable Me movies. You will need a few supplies and about 30 minutes to complete this project.
What You’ll Need
-1/4 cup white candy melts -1/4 cup yellow candy melts -1 tablespoon vegetable shortening, divided -3 Oreos, crushed -2 rolls of Marshmallow Fluff -1 batch of blue fondant -Wilton black gel icing -Wilton edible googly eyes
- Cut two pieces of black construction paper into oval shapes. These will be the “lenses” of your glasses.
- Cut a third piece of black construction paper into a rectangle. This will be the “frame” of your glasses.
- Glue the oval-shaped pieces of paper to the far ends of the rectangle, making sure that they overlap slightly in the middle. This will create the effect of minion glasses with lenses that are slightly too big for the frame.
- Cut two small pieces of yellow paper, and glue them just above the center of each “lens”. These will be the minions’ “eyes”.
- Draw a small black circle in the center of each “eye”, and then glue on a googly eye in the center of each black circle.
- Cut a small piece of black paper, and glue it onto the bridge of the rectangular frame (right in between the two lenses). This will be Minion Bob’s “nose”.
Tips & Tricks
-If you’re using model paint, be sure to put down a layer of white first. This will help the paint to show up better.
-To get the “googly eye” look, use a black Sharpie or a black marker to draw a small circle in the center of each lens.
-For the mouth, cut a small strip of black paper and glue it onto the glasses.
-You can also add other details, like glasses or wrinkles, with markers or paint.
There are many variations of minion glasses, but the most common include:
-Small, round lenses with a black frame
-Larger lenses with a silver or white frame
-Googly eyes glued or attached to the lenses
The style of minion glasses you choose is up to you, but keep in mind that they should be comfortable to wear and fit well. You may want to try on different styles before settling on a pair.
Here are some more ideas for how to make minion glasses:
-Try using different shaped glasses to create different minion characters.
-Use pipe cleaners or googly eyes to create minion hair.
-Experiment with different materials to create the arms and legs of your minion glasses.
-Get creative with your overall design – there are no rules when it comes to making minion glasses!
We hope you enjoyed learning how to make these fun minion glasses! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. And be sure to check out our other minion crafts and activities!
-If you want to make your own minion glasses, you’ll first need to find a pair of round, black glasses. You can often find these at costume shops or online retailers. -Next, you’ll need to purchase some yellow contact lenses. These can be found at most Halloween or costume shops. -Once you have your lenses, carefully put them in the glasses. Make sure that the edges of the lenses are properly secure so that they don’t come out when you’re wearing the glasses. -You may also want to add a few drops of white vinegar to the water used to soak the lenses. This will help keep them from drying out too quickly. -Now that your lenses are in place, you can start wearing your minion glasses!