Welcome to my blog! I’m glad you’re here.
If you’re looking for information on blue light glasses, you’ve come to the right place. I’m here to give you the lowdown on these trendy accessories.
So, what are blue light glasses? They’re basically glasses that have a yellow tint to them. This tint is said to help reduce eye strain and fatigue. Additionally, some people believe that blue light glasses can help improve sleep quality.
What are blue light glasses?
Blue light glasses are designed to reduce the harmful blue light that is emitted from electronic screens. This type of light has been linked to a number of potential health problems, including eye strain, headaches, and even sleep disruptions.
Blue light glasses typically have a yellow or amber tint, which helps to filter out blue light while still allowing you to see the screen clearly. Some glasses also come with an anti-glare coating to help reduce eyestrain.
How do blue light glasses work?
Blue light is a type of high-energy visible light (HEV) that’s emitted by screens on electronic devices like computers, tablets, smartphones and TVs. Although blue light occurs naturally during the daytime, exposure to too much of it at night can disrupt your sleep.
To block blue light, you can wear blue light blocking glasses or use a blue light filter on your device. Blue light glasses work by filtering out the blue wavelengths of light from your line of sight. This reduces the amount of blue light that reaches your eyes and may help reduce digital eye strain and improve sleep.
The benefits of blue light glasses
Light-emitting screens are everywhere. You’re looking at one right now. And this growing dependence on electronic devices has coincided with an uptick in reports of digital eye strain.
But what exactly is digital eye strain? According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), it’s “eyestrain from prolonged use of electronic screens, such as computers, tablets, e-readers and smartphones.” The organization reports that 50% to 90% of computer users suffer from some form of digital eye strain.
The most common symptoms are:
-Neck and shoulder pain
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to reduce the risk of developing digital eye strain, including the use of blue light glasses.
The best blue light glasses for you
When looking for effective blue light glasses, it is important to check the label to ensure that the eyewear actually blocks blue light. Many companies use terms like “blue blocker” or “computer glasses” without providing any evidence that their products actually reduce blue light exposure. A recent study found that only about 25% of so-called “blue blockers” on the market actually do what they claim.
There are a few different ways that manufacturers can tint their lenses yellow and still have them meet the requirements for blue light blocking glasses. The shade of yellow can be different from one product to another, and some manufacturers use more than one type of tinting material. The two most common types of lens tints are as follows:
-Amber Tint: This is the most effective type of tint for blue light blocking, as it offers the highest percentage of blue light filtering. One downside to amber tinted lenses is that they can make everything appear very yellow, which can be difficult to get used to.
-Yellow Tint: This type of tint does not filter out as much blue light as an amber tint, but it does not make everything appear quite as yellow.
How to choose the right blue light glasses
If you work in front of a computer all day, you’ve probably heard that blue light from screens can be harmful to your eyes. A growing body of evidence suggests that too much blue light exposure can lead to digital eye strain, sleep problems and even long-term damage to your vision.
One way to protect your eyes is to wear blue light glasses. Also known as computer glasses, these special-purpose lenses are designed to block out blue light while allowing other colors to pass through. But with so many different types and styles of blue light glasses on the market, it can be hard to know which ones are right for you.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the right pair of blue light glasses for your needs:
- Consider your budget. Blue light glasses can range in price from about $20 to $200 or more. If you just want a basic pair of lenses to help reduce eye strain, you can probably find a good pair for under $50. But if you want lenses with special features like anti-reflective coatings or the latest style frames, you may have to spend more.
- Decide what type of lenses you need. There are two main types of blue light lenses: those that block out all blue light and those that allow some blue light to pass through. All-blue-light-blocking lenses are typically dark yellow or amber in color, while partial-blue-light-blocking lenses tend to be clear or very lightly tinted yellow.
If you’re looking for the most protection from blue light, go with an all-blue-light-blocking lens. But if you don’t want the color distortion that comes with those kinds of lensestinted yellow , choose a partial-blue-light-blocking lens instead.
- Consider your lifestyle needs.”’ ”’There is no single answer when it comes choosing the right type of eyeglass lens for every person . The best advice would be figure out what is important for your daily routine and base your decision around that . If being able to see clearly at night is something that is important then choose a yellow tinted lense . Something else important might be not having any color distortion , in which case choosing a lightly tinted yellow lense would be better .
How to style blue light glasses
Wondering how to style your new blue light glasses? Check out our top tips!
First, consider your outfit. If you want your glasses to make a statement, pick a bold color or pattern. For a more subdued look, choose a classic black or brown frame.
Next, think about your hair color and style. If you have light hair, you can get away with a brighter frame. If you have dark hair, stick to darker colors or tortoise shell.
Finally, don’t forget the rest of your accessories! If you’re wearing earrings, make sure they complement your glasses. And if you’re carrying a bag, choose one that either matches or contrasts with your frames.
The top blue light glasses brands
There are many different brands of blue light glasses on the market and it can be difficult to know which one to choose. Some factors you may want to consider include the style of the glasses, the price, and the level of blue light protection they offer. Below is a list of some of the top blue light glasses brands to help you make your decision.
- Gunnar Optiks: This brand offers a variety of styles of blue light glasses, including computer glasses, gaming glasses, and sunglasses. They offer a wide range of prices, starting at around $30, and their lenses are designed to block 100% of blue light.
- Blueberry Brands: Blueberry offers a range of stylish and affordable blue light blocking glasses starting at just $20. Their lenses block out 90% of blue light, making them a great choice for those who want to reduce eye strain and improve sleep quality.
- Felix Gray: Felix Gray specializes in computer glasses and offers a variety of styles for both men and women. Their lenses block outblue light, filter UV rays, and are anti-reflective to reduce eye strain. Prices start at$95 for a single pair of glasses.
- Avegant: Avegant focuses on providing high-quality virtual reality headsets but also offers a line of blue light blocking glasses. Their lenses block out 95%of blue light and are designed to reduce eye fatigue. Prices start at $99 fora single pair of glasses.
FAQs about blue light glasses
Do blue light glasses really work?
There is some evidence that blue light glasses can help reduce the harmful effects of blue light exposure. However, more research is needed to confirm their efficacy.
What are the benefits of wearing blue light glasses?
Wearing blue light glasses may help to:
- reduce eye strain
- improve sleep quality
- decrease the risk of macular degeneration
Are there any side effects of wearing blue light glasses?
There are no known side effects of wearing blue light glasses. However, if you experience any discomfort, discontinue use and consult your eye care professional.